Do you need a space of your own, a glorious study or rec room that helps you unwind and showcases the things you love? Of course, you do. But that’s not always possible within the confines of your home. Many men find themselves—and their favorite items—(remember that classic neon sign?) tossed out in the garage. We’re here to tell you that doesn’t have to be a bad thing. You can transform your garage from a place where you keep junk to a space where you entertain friends. Do these five things and you will love your new Arizona garage man cave.
5 Things to Change to Make the Ultimate Garage Man Cave
There are a lot of cool things you can do to create the ultimate man cave. The internet is filled with exciting ideas. But since most of us don’t have unlimited budgets, let’s look at some ways to create the ultimate man cave with just a few, quick and affordable changes.
1. Flooring. If you move all your toys into your garage today as is, it still looks like a garage. However, with the addition of epoxy flake flooring, you can transform your space into something as durable as it is awesome. The flooring comes in an array of colors and patterns. Many of our clients select a design that matches the colors of their favorite team, while others go for something that adds to their space’s theme. Flooring is one simple change that makes a world of difference in the look of your garage. It turns your space from a mere garage into a showroom. Plus, the chemical- and water-resistant flooring means spills can be wiped up quickly just in case you have one of those friends.
2. Organization. It would be great if your man cave housed just your stuff but that’s often not realistic. Most guys share their special space with holiday decorations, bikes, and tools, among other things. But if you want to relax in your garage man cave, you don’t want that stuff underfoot. Adding garage organization like floor-to-ceiling shelving or overhead racks can give you more floor space so you and your guests can enjoy the room.
3. Toys. Now that you have durable flooring and everything is tucked away, it’s time to bring in the toys. Before you move all your favorite things out there, plan out your dream space. Will it be a gamer’s haven with gaming consoles, LED lights, and flatscreens; or will you kick it “old-style” with air hockey, foosball tables, pinball machines, darts, and/or a pool table?
4. Atmosphere. At the same time, you’re thinking about toys, decide what kind of atmosphere you want. Do you want a high-energy game room, a raucous place to watch your favorite team, or a space to celebrate your love of motorcycles? How about a home brewery setup or a festive tiki bar? Or relive your days in your old band and create a jam session studio. Deciding what you want to use it for will not only contribute to the furniture and décor decisions but will also help you determine the extras you need like soundproofing and the size and type of your refrigerator.
5. Electronics. We know you’re bringing in some major electronics like the biggest TV ever, but you also want to think about electronics in the comfort and peace of mind categories. If you’re turning your Phoenix area garage into a man cave, you’ll need air conditioning or fans. Plus, if you bring in all your toys, you’ll want to ensure they’re safeguarded from theft. Talk to a security or insurance professional to protect your man cave contents.
A Word of Support for Your Man Cave
Convincing the “powers that be” that you need a man cave may take some finesse. But while we refer to this as a “man cave” it’s so much more than this. You can create another living space that everyone can enjoy, a space that can withstand the messiness of life. It’s the ideal place to gather with no worries of stains or keeping someone awake. You and your family will enjoy it for years to come.
If you’re ready to transform your garage into a space you (and your family) will love then it’s time to start at the bottom—the floor, that is. Call Garage Pros 1 today to figure out your options for creating an amazing area that you’ll enjoy, and your friends will envy.